The internet has grown at a rapid pace in the past few years. That has made the lives of the users very easy in many ways. But the vulnerabilities have also grown at the same pace. There are a countless number of threats that prevail over the internet. To protect ourselves from those threats, we need to have some security software on our devices. Kaspersky is one of the most popular anti-virus software used around the world. Users praise this software for its tight security and user-friendly features. But the facts mentioned above don’t mean that Kaspersky is free from faults. Many users keep on complaining about several issues related to Kaspersky. Most of the online forums were flooded with questions regarding Kaspersky secure connection not working problem.
Users of Windows/Mac, all have reported this issue. If you are one such user facing the same issue, this article is for you. Here, we will mention many ways to help you establish a Kaspersky secure connection. Read the blog carefully to get rid of your problem.
1. Change your server:
Many users face this issue because of the problem in the server. Kaspersky secure connection not working issue is encountered when the server is far away from your location. In that case, establishing a connection is a time taking a job. You should switch to a server that is nearby. After you have changed the server, see if you have resolved your issue. If your problem persists, you should check whether you have enabled any VPN service on your PC. You will encounter issues related to server connection if you have enabled VPV service. Solve this issue by disabling the VPN Proxy from your PC.
2. Change your network port:
Kaspersky uses ports other than the usual ones while connecting to the server. You can face Kaspersky secure connection not working issue if there is something wrong with the port you are using to connect to the server. In this case, you can solve this issue by changing the port on your PC.
3. Check if you have installed another anti-virus software on your PC:
Many issues are faced by users when they have multiple anti-virus software installed on their PCs. In such cases, these two software interfere with each other, and you may face a lot of issues. Kaspersky secure connection not working issue can occur because of this problem. You can solve this issue by disabling the other anti-virus software on your PC. Only one anti-virus software can work accurately at a time. In Windows, you must have seen that when you install some third-party anti-virus software on your PC, the Windows Defender shuts down itself automatically to avoid conflict. In case you want to use both the anti-virus software together, then you should set an exception for Kaspersky in the other anti-virus.
4. Stop the Kaspersky service and then start it again:
You can fix the Kaspersky secure connection not working issue by restarting the Kaspersky service on your PC. You can do it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open a command prompt on your PC (you can open it by pressing Start Key + R and then type cmd in the Run Utility Box).
- Once the Command Prompt has opened, type MSC.
- Then a list will open on the screen. Find Kaspersky in this list and right-click on it. Click on the option End Process from the Context Menu.
- After you have ended this process, start the process by clicking on the Start option from Context Menu.
5. Reinstall the Kaspersky on your PC:
If any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t solve your Kaspersky secure connection not working problem, you should reinstall this software on your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open Windows Settings and, then click on Apps & Features.
- Select Kaspersky from the list of options and click on the Uninstall (while uninstalling Kaspersky, you will see the product key on the screen, please note it down).
- After you have uninstalled this software, install it again with the help of the DVD provided. Type the product key when are you are asked to do so.
Once you have installed the Kaspersky, see if you are able to solve your problem.
6. Check if the servers of Kaspersky are down:
Kaspersky secure connection not working issue may be encountered if the servers of Kaspersky are down. Like every other server, the servers of Kaspersky also have their downtime. You can check it by going to downdetector.com to see it. If a lot of people are complaining about the same issue, then there is something wrong with the servers of the Kaspersky. You can do nothing about it. Just wait for some time until the servers are back again.
In this blog, we have mentioned many ways to fix your Kaspersky secure connection not working. If you are unable to fix this problem even after trying the solutions mentioned above, you may contact us through our website. Our experts are available 24X7 to help you out with all your problems related to PCs and Phones. We specialize in dealing with issues associated with online media. Feel free to call us anytime on our toll-free number.