AS you know that, Roku is a streaming device that is used to see videos, and it is easily connected with your smart TV. It may be possible that you use the Roku device, and everything goes smoothly, but suddenly you get the Roku remote not working. Even you are trying to hit the buttons of the Roku remote, but it doesn’t work for you. No need to worry about it. Read this full article carefully to know the exact causes and solutions of its.
Solutions to fix Roku remote not working: –
Whenever you are using the Roku device to stream videos, then you get a common issue which is called Roku remote stopped working. But it can be fixed easily via going through some basic troubleshooting steps.
As you know that the Roku remote is an accessory which you get with the Roku device to control and monitor it easily. Roku remote basically depends on the Roku model like enhanced or infrared remote, which you can purchase from the shop. Even, you should need to pair both remote to work them properly. Sometimes, you also get that Roku remote doesn’t work issue.
Before going for the troubleshooting steps, you have to know the exact cause of this issue. Go with the below description to know about it.
The reason behind the Roku remote not working issue: –
By knowing the exact causes, you can also fix my Roku remote stopped working issue. So, you have to follow the below steps carefully:
- First of all, you have to check the battery of the Roku remote. It is one of the main causes behind the Roku remote won’t work issue, because the battery is drained.
- If your Wi-Fi network doesn’t work properly or not connect in a correct way. In case your router is tuned with the other channel, then it causes the issue in your Roku remote.
- If you are using a brand Roku remote, then it is necessary to pair the remote before going to use it because it gives issue Roku remote not pairing.
- In case, the Roku remote is not able to recognize the device then it will also be stopped to work properly.
- One more thing which you have to check, the device and Roku remote is compatible with each other. If it is not compatible, then it also shows the issue my Roku remote won’t work.
Now, go with the below troubleshooting steps to fix the Roku remote not working issue.
Change the Roku remote battery with the new one: –
One of the common causes of the Roku remote stopped working is that the battery is drained, and it needs to replace it with the new one. The drained Roku remote battery shows the issue. So, you have to check if the battery is drained or doesn’t press the button of the Roku remote, and also check if any light flashes to you. In case, the Roku remote doesn’t flash any light, then you have to replace it. And, then you have to need to pair the Roku remote again. If there is any error whenever pairing Roku remote, then you have to get in touch with the expert team to resolve this issue.
Pair Roku remote with the Device: –
If you don’t have any idea how to pair Roku remote to the TV, then follow the below steps to get it. You have to also confirm that remote is connected properly to work smoothly. Follow the below steps to know about it:
- First of all, you have to press and hold the pairing button, which is above the battery compartment.
- Now, you have to wait until you see the LED flashlight for pairing the remote.
- You can also follow the on-screen instruction to pair Roku remote.
- If you still troubled to pair Roku remote to TV then you have to take help with the technical team.
- Now, you can see that the remote is paired successfully.
Restart your Roku remote and device: –
If you still get Roku TV remote not working issue, then you should try to restart your Roku remote and device to fix this issue.
Steps to restart the Roku device: –
- First of all, you have to switch off your Roku device.
- Now, you have to plug out the device from the main socket, and then you have to wait for a few minutes.
- After that, the plugin backs the device with the main socket.
- Then, you have to power on the Roku device.
- Now, you can see that your Roku device is restarted successfully.
Steps to restart the Roku remote: –
- At first, remove the battery from your Roku remote.
- Now, you have to insert a new battery in the Roku remote.
- Then, you have to also ensure that the battery is inserted properly.
- Now, you can see that your Roku remote is started successfully.
Steps for how to pair a Roku remote: –
You should follow these steps carefully to pairing a Roku remote successfully:
- At first, you have to clear your Roku remote.
- Now, remove the battery from your Roku remote.
- After that, plug out the Roku device from the mail socket.
- Then, you have to press and hold the A and B button and then press the black pairing button from the Roku remote.
- Now, you can see that the light flashes for at least three times, and it indicates that the remote is ready for the Roku remote pairing with the device.
- After that, the plugin backs the Roku device with the main socket.
- Then, you have to press the pairing button to repair the device.
- Now, you can successfully use your Roku device with the TV and fix the Roku remote won’t pair
Steps to fix the Roku remote not working no pairing button: –
Let’s suppose you are using the Roku device to watch a video, and suddenly you get that there is no pairing button on Roku remote. So, you have to go with the below steps to know its solutions to fix this issue. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to know which type of remote you are using to fix the Roku remote not working no pairing button
- You have to also know about the Roku streaming player remote which you used.
- The remote may be a type of standard IR remote or Enhanced point.
- If you are not sure that which type of remote you used, then you have to simply remove the cover from the battery compartment and check for the pairing button on it.
- Roku remote not working no pairing button oriented remote is also knows as the Roku enhanced remote.
- So, if you use this type of Roku remote, then you can apply these steps to fix this issue.
- If there is no pairing button on the Roku remote then it is also known as standard IR remote. And, it is also the solution to how do I pair my Roku remote without the pairing button. It can also cover the issue my Roku remote doesn’t have a pairing button.
- The standard IR remote is connected with a wireless network, and then you can point it anywhere, and even it doesn’t need a particular direction.
- You can also install a cabinet in your Roku device or behind your TV. So, follow the below steps to fix this issue and also know where is the pairing button on my Roku remote.
- At first, you have to restart your Roku device and then open the battery compartment and remove the battery from your Roku remote.
Steps to fix the Roku remote not working: –
- You can also remove the power cable from your Roku device and then re-plug it again.
- If the Roku device shows you the home screen, then you have to reinsert the battery in your Roku remote.
- If your Roku remote makes a connection with your Roku device, then you have to wait for a few seconds.
- After reinserting or replacing the old battery with the new one, then you have to install HDMI Extension Cable on your TV to attach the streaming stick, and it can also use to pair Roku stick remote.
- Now, you have to connect your Roku device with the 5gHz wireless network.
- You can also check the user manual if it guides you to use the 5gHz wireless network.
- You can also contact with router manufacturer to confirm if this router supports 5gHz. So, you have to follow some steps to fix Roku stick remote not working:
- You have to navigate into the Settings section and select the Network
- Now, go to the set-up connection tab and select the wireless
- After that, you have to select the wireless option and then connect your Roku device with the 5gHz network.
- Now, you have to change the wireless channel on the Roku device.
- Replace your remote to fix the Roku stick not working
You can also solve many Roku error with the help of the above steps and our technical expert’s:
- How to reset Roku remote
- Reset Roku remote
- How to sync Roku remote
- Roku remote reset
- How to connect Roku remote
- Sync Roku remote
- How to sync a Roku remote
- Reconnect Roku remote
- How to program a Roku remote
- Connect Roku remote
- How to program Roku remote
- Roku remote help
- Roku connected but not working
In this blog, we have discussed to fix Roku remote not working issue. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this, then call our expert team to resolve them. You can also send a text message or an email regarding your queries to fix them. We are here for 24*7.