In this age of internet, almost everyone who has access to the internet uses Facebook. Facebook has its own ways to make its user experience better. Facebook keeps its users aware about what’s happening on their timeline by sending notifications. Notifications are the means to keep us informed about the interactions of people. But sometimes we get so many notifications that we are frustrated by that. It becomes even worse when we see that most of the notifications are not of our use. If you are one of such persons wondering about how to delete notifications on Facebook, we will be talking about every possible solution to your problem. Here are the simple steps you can follow to minimize/delete notifications on Facebook:
- Open Facebook app on your smartphone or log in to your Facebook account if you are using your desktop.
- Click on the bell icon available on the screen.
- Hover over the notification you want to delete.
- Click on the three-dot icon available right next to that notification.
- Then click on the option saying Hide this notification. (By doing this, you will not see that notification again on your timeline
You will also get additional options in order to customize the notification on Facebook.
- After clicking on the three-dot option next to a notification, you will see the following options:
- Get fewer notifications like this: By clicking on it you will get notifications like this but fewer in numbers as compared to earlier times.
- Turn off all notifications of this type: By clicking on it, you will not get any notification of this type.
- Turn off all notifications from this page: By clicking on this option, you will not get any notification from this page.
There is also a way to stop notifications so that you don’t need to delete them manually. If you are getting notifications so much that you don’t even get any idea of how to delete notifications on Facebook when there are that many notifications. There is a way to manage them all. You can limit notifications of all kinds coming from several sources. Follow the steps written below to do it:
- Open Facebook app on your phone or log in to your Facebook account if you are using your desktop.
- Click on Settings (an icon like a gear).
- Click on Notifications.
- Select the option Edit.
- Once you have entered the settings, you can modify the way you get notifications from Facebook as per your preferences.
If you are unable to solve your problem after trying all of the steps mentioned above and you are still wondering about how to delete notifications on Facebook, you are free to contact us anytime through our website and other contact details provided below.