Netgear is a company that makes computer networking devices. This is a California based company, and its services are provided in about 25 countries. This company provides services but is most popular for selling routers. It is likely to face issues whenever we use some device. Recently, most of the online forums were flooding with questions regarding the Netgear router reset. If you are one such user facing the same issue, this article is for you. Here, we will talk about how to reset a Netgear router in detail.
Reset Netgear router:
Though there are many models of the Netgear router. This trick will work on most of the models. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Find the Reset button. It may be on the back of the switch. It is also represented as reestablish manufacturing plant settings.
- Press and hold that button for at least 10-20 seconds.
- Release the Reset button, and then your Netgear router will reboot. After your router has been rebooted, it will be set to the configuration as it was freshly out from the factory.
How to reset Netgear router DGN2000 or DG834Gv5:
Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Netgear router reset for this model of Netgear router:
- There is a catch on the side of the switch called WPS and Remote.
- Press and hold these buttons for at least 7-8 seconds. Then you will see a red light blinking. Then release the buttons and you will see an LED shining. Now your router has been reset to its factory settings.
- What to do if your Netgear router is not working after you have performed Netgear router reset:
There are many cases when the Netgear router doesn’t respond after reset. This section of the blog is for fixing that issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open Control Panel and then go to Projects and Highlights.
- Now click on Turn Windows feature ON or OFF.
- Empower the TFTP customer feature in the new window.
- Open the Network and Interface and click on System and Sharing center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings and then set the subnet mask and default entryway as provided by your ISP.
- Download Netgear switch firmware and connect your PC to the ethernet and turn ON your switch.
- In the direction window, type TFTP-i168.1.1 and chk in the direction window.
- Wait for some time until your Netgear switch reboots by itself.
- After that, you would be able to reset your remote switch without any problem.
In this blog, we have mentioned many ways to help you perform a Netgear router reset. But keep in mind that there may be various reasons if you are facing difficulty in the services of Netgear. There may be issues related to hardware and several others. In case, you find any difficulty in dealing with these issues, you may contact us through our website.
You may also call us on our toll-free number. We have a team of experts to deal with all the issues related to electronic media. We specialize in dealing with problems related to online services. Feel free to connect with us at any time as we are available 24X7.