MS Outlook is also like a Gmail which is used to send or receive emails. The most common problem of MS Outlook is outlook error 0x800ccc0e. While email client users perform the email communication then this error occurs. When this error occurs then a message show you saying:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: ‘your_account’, Server: ‘your_SMTP_server’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure (SSL): NO, socket error: 10061, error number: 0x800ccc0e
Once, you get this error, and then try to know the cause and solution to fix it. This error occurs due to various reasons.
Solutions to fix outlook IMAP error 0x800ccc0e:-
Here are many solutions to fix the outlook error 0x800ccc0e. Go through the below-given steps to fix these issues:
- Check your internet connectivity:- Due to slow internet connection, it can cause the error. If your internet connection is not proper then you face a problem. So make sure that there is an active internet connection between the system and the exchange server. By fixing this issue you can resolve your problem.
- Check the email account setting in outlook:- This error occurs due to incorrect incoming, outgoing, username and password account settings. So, all the settings should be correct. When you check the account settings, assure that the username has the entire email address in it. The process of configuration settings may be different in different versions of MS outlook. So, it is better to prefer Microsoft sites for details.
- Delete email messages if they look doubtful:- Malicious emails can cause issues like blocking of messages. So, try to delete them from the mailbox to resolve outlook error 0x800ccc0e by accessing it using the web-based program.
- Disable antivirus application:- Antivirus can also cause the issue outlook error 0x800ccc0e which is installed in your system for security purposes. So, disable all firewall software, anti-viruses, email scanning software or email spammers that are running into your computer system. Infrequently these types of programs clog you from connecting to your email account correctly. So, disable all the programs until you start accessing your emails.
- Firewall configuration:- Always make sure that your firewall does not block Outlook.exe from reaching the internet. But, this method has some security risks involved with it. Therefore go with this method with caution.
- Run Outlook in safe mode:-
Opening outlook in safe mode can resolve many outlook errors.
- At first, in the latest Windows versions like 10/8.1/8/7/vista, type exe/safe in the search bar and press enter button.
- In windows 2003, 2000 and XP, navigate to Start > run and type exe/safe and tap on OK.
- Verify your outlook profile:- For verifying the work of your outlook, create a new profile and send/receive messages with the new profile. If it works better then make the new profile as the default profile to resolve outlook error 0x800ccc0e.
- Clear all the stuck outbox messages:-
- At first, choose the work offline mode which is under the send/receive
- Now, choose the outbox folder and delete the messages which are stored in the outbox folder.
- Increase server timeout setting:-
To modify the server timeout setting, follow the below-given steps:
- At first, open outlook.
- Now, navigate to file> info > account settings > account settings.
- Choose the target account and tap on change.
- Choose more settings and tap on the advanced
- Now, increase the server timeout settings until the issue is resolved.