There are many users use the HP printer in their office, home, shop etc. for the purpose of printing document, bill, and other works. Sometimes, many users are reporting that they face an error with their HP printer “HP printer is in an error state” when they send any document for printing. HP Printer is in an error state means that your HP printer is not proper connected with your computer system by cable connection or WiFi. you will check your printer’s ink or paper to make sure that your HP printer has enough ink or no paper jam.
Solve HP printer is in an error state issue in Window 10
As we all know Window 10 is the latest version of the Windows operating system. It is quite easy to use. Sometimes, while using an HP printer in Window 10 it shows HP printer is an error state the reason for this problem is quite simple because the latest version of Window does not provide drivers for old printer and other electronic devices. If you want to fix this error HP printer is an error state then you can follow these steps given below.
Check the printer connection
This is the first priority; you will check your printer connection between your printer and your computer. If the connection is not properly established then you will make it and Run a test print job.
Check that your printer is online
First, you will check your printer status whether it is offline or online. If your printer is offline then you can make it online by use these steps.
- First, press the Window logo key + R key on your keyboard. When the Run box will open then type control panel and click OK button.
- Now, select the Devices and Printer option.
- Then select your printer and check that the status of your printer. It is offline or online.
- If your printer status is offline then you will right click on it and select use printer Online.
- If it was able to go online, you will see the ready message.
By the use these steps you can make your printer online and fix the issue HP printer is an error state.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
- First, press Window logo key + R key on your keyboard when the Run box will open then type control panel and click on OK button.
- Then, select Devices and Printers option.
- Now, select your printer icon and right click on your printer icon and select the Remove device option.
- Confirm the device removal then Restart your computer system.
- After the computer reboots, it should automatically install and detect your printer, if not then you will unplug it and plug it again.
By the use these steps you can reinstall your printer driver and fix your printer issue HP printer is in an error state.
Check that the paper is loaded
First, you will check your printer has paper on the printer tray. The paper has loaded on printer tray or not. If not then you will load paper on the printer tray then turn off your printer and turn on it again then check that your HP printer is in the ready state and solved your issue, printer is an error state.
Set the printer Spooler service to automatic
- First press window key + R key on your keyboard when the Run box will open then you will type service.msc in the run box and click on the OK button.
- And find the Print Spooler service option then right click on it.
- Now, click on the Properties option.
- Under General tab, select the startup type to automatic from the drop down menu.
- Then, click on the Apply option and OK button.
- Close service Window and Restart your computer and check that your problem, printer is in an error state is solved or not.
Make ports settings changes
- First, press the Window key + R key when the Run box will open then enter the devmgmt.msc and click on the OK button.
- When the device manager will open then go to the top menu and click on view option.
- Then, click on the show hidden devices option in the drop – down menu.
- Now, right click on Ports (COM & LPT) and select the properties.
- When Port setting tab will open in the properties option.
- Then, select use any interrupt assigned to the port.
- After this, you will check the box next Enable legacy Plug and Play detection.
- Click on OK button.
- Finally, you will reboot your computer system and check that your problem “printer is in an error state” is solved or not.
- Press the Window logo key + X key on your keyboard.
- Then, find the setting in drop – down menu and click on it.
- Under Window setting, click on the Update & Security option.
- Click on the Window Update option.
- Then, click on the check for Updates option.
- If you see any Update then allow it complete the process.
- Then, restart your computer. After rebooting your computer then check if updating Window solved your issue “HP printer is in an error state.
Read More: HP PRINTER PRINTS BLANK PAGES