To explore the world of internet, Apple users frequently use Safari browser. But, many times ipad users come across the issues like safari not connected to the internet, safari keeps on crashing, freezing or Web link not responding and Safari not working on ipad.
If you are also having issue of Safari not working on iPad then, first of all, make sure that you have proper Safari system settings. To confirm that go to Cellular option Under Settings and check if Safari option is checked ON or not. If it is OFF, check it ON. This will authorize Safari Browser and you will be able to use it. Also make sure to close all the opened tabs to avoid data redundancy.
Methods to fix Safari not working on ipad
Let’s discuss some of the quick fixes one by one:
Re-launch Safari app
Due to continuous use of Safari App, deadlock or any other some system issue is caused. To resolve this problem, you need to re-launch Safari.
- Double click the home button on your device screen. This will open the multitasking screen and you will be able to view all the running apps.
- Swipe up Safari app in order to close it down.
- After few seconds, re-launch the Safari app.
- See if your problem is resolved or not. If not then try the next step.
Restart the device
You can also restart the device to refresh the data and apps. It also releases extra used memory which is the primary reason for delay in the working of an app or system.
- To restart your iPad, hold the sleep and wake button and press it until the slider appears.
- Swipe the slider from left to right till the screen turn off.
- After few seconds, press the sleep and wake button again and restart your device.
Update iOS of iPad
Updating the iOS to the latest version avoids any bug and helps the device to work smoothly after repairing the device. It also provides protection features.
Steps to update iOS software wirelessly:
- Turn on your internet Wi-Fi connection and go to Settings.
- Click on General option.
- Select Software Update.
- Click on download and then on install.
- Enter the Passcode when asked and confirm it.
Steps to update iOS software with iTunes
- Install the latest version of iTunes from: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201352
- Now connect the device with the computer system.
- Go to iTunes and select your device from there
- Click on the ‘Summary’ option.
- Click on ‘Check for Update’ followed by ‘Download and Update’ option.
- Enter the passkey and then confirm it.
Clear history, cache, and website data
Clearing your device cache memory makes the device run faster and resolves any unknown bugs or errors. The steps to clear cache or history as follows:
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Safari and Click on clear history and Website data.
- Click on Clear History and data
Clearing browser history and cookies
- Launch the Safari app.
- Search for the ‘Bookmark’ button in the Toolbar.
- Click on the Bookmark icon at top left side.
- Select ‘History’ menu and Click on ‘Clear’
- Choose from the option last hour, last day, 48 hours, or all.
Remove all website data
Before starting this procedure, note that you will be logged out of the websites you are logged in to. Follow these steps to remove all website data:
- Go to Settings.
- Launch the Safari app and click on ‘Advanced’ option.
- Select ‘Website Data’
- Select the option ‘Remove’ all Website data.
- Click on Remove now and Confirm it.
Disable the Suggestion option of Safari settings
Safari Suggestions option is an interactive content designer. It suggests content about news, movies, entertainment, sports, app stores, weather forecast and much more. Though these suggestions are useful but can also slow down the functioning of the device that runs in the background. Here are the steps to turn off the Safari Suggestions:
- Go to the Settings
- Select the Safari option
- Turn off the Safari Suggestions
Check for the restriction
The restriction is the parental control feature. It allows you to control and manage your apps or content of the device. If this restriction feature is on for the Safari app, you may face some issues. Follow these steps turn it off:
- Go to the Settings app
- Click on General option.
- Go to the Restrictions
- Enter the passkey.
- Now toggle off the safari sign until it turns to gray or white.
If you are still facing any problem, you can take help of customer support on their toll-free number anytime. They have an expert team to solve any technical glitches.